Choosing the best bank in Germany for foreigners or expats can be an intimidating process. Many banks require piles of documents, and it can take weeks to gather all the right information. We’ve gone through the process, and we know it can be complicated. However, after years of experience with German banks, we’ve found an easy solution: N26. Above all, it’s straightforward, quick, and the best bank for any foreigner in Germany.
Why is N26 the best bank in Germany for foreigners?
An N26 bank account is the best bank in Germany for foreigners because it is simple to open from anywhere in the world. Whether you’re in Germany already, or preparing to move to Germany, you can get ahead by opening an N26 bank account through their app.
What are the benefits of an N26 account?
- No monthly fees: A standard N26 account has no monthly fees.
- Free to open an account: Setting up your N26 bank account comes with no additional costs.
- Opening an account online: You don’t have to wait in lines or struggle with the language barrier of opening an account in-person.
- It’s in English: The N26 website and app can be accessed in English.
- Banking from the app: The app is free and easy to use with any smartphone. You can manage your account, make transfers, and pair it with your phone to verify transactions, all from the tip of your fingers.
- Costumer support: Get live costumer support straight from the app, in English.
- No foreign transaction fees: Make purchases from anywhere in the world, online or in stores, without any extra costs.
Additional option: You can also get N26 Black, which comes with a few extra benefits:
- Expense coverage for acute medical emergencies
- Mobile phone theft insurance
- Air travel insurance
- Unlimited free withdrawals from ATMs anywhere in the world
Now you’ve read everything you need to know about N26. Click here to learn about how to open an N26 bank account in Germany in less than 10 minutes.
* Full Disclosure: Some of the links we use on this website are affiliate links. By using those links, you help keep our website free. There is no additional cost for you. We also want to note that we only recommend services we trust and that we would use ourselves.